Terms and Conditions
Visit Sweden - LiveSwedish Photo Competition (the "Promoter")
- Eligibility: The Promotion is open to UK residents aged 18 or over, except employees of Visit Sweden (The Promoter) and their immediate families, their agents or anyone professionally associated with this promotion.
- To enter: Between 21st March and 23rd April 2012 (The Promoter), take and upload a photograph to the relevant category (see clause 3), using the Instagram or Twitter application on your iPhone/Smartphone device (an "Entry"). Instagram application is only available to iPhone users. To download the Instagram application please visit itunes.apple.com/gb/app/instagram/id389801252 or download from the iTunes store. Twitter image services supported: pic.Twitter, TwitPic and Yfrog. To include your Entry in the competition, simply add the correct hashtag to the image caption field, as outlined in clause 3. You must have your instagram account set to 'Public' for your Entry to be valid. If your account is set to 'private', your Entry will not show up in the competition gallery. You will need to re-upload and re-tag your photos if you make your account public after posting your Entry. By adding a hashtag to your image and submitting this via Instagram/Twitter, you are expressly accepting these terms and conditions which will apply between you and Visit Sweden, Sweden House, 11 Montague Place, London, W1H 2AL (the "Promoter).
- Hashtag: When you upload your Entry you must first enter the hashtag #livestockholm in the images caption field. The hashtag must be entered and spelled correctly or your Entry will not be valid.
- Prizes: There will be one winner for the destination of Stockholm. The winner will receive an expense paid trip to Stockholm to the amount of £2480.00. Prize includes 2 x return flights (based on value of £200 per person) from selected UK airports (Edinburgh, London Stansted, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, Manchester); apartment rental based on 2 people sharing to the amount of £1250.00; and a spending allowance to the amount of £830.00. Prizes cannot be exchanged for a cash alternative.
- Winner Selection: Winners will be notified by a comment on their Entry (if winning Entry is from an Instagram platform) or by @user retweet of the user's Entry (if winning image is from a Twitter image service) within 14 days of the end of the 'Promotion Period'. Entries will be judged by a representative from the Promoter, who will award a rating to each Entry (between 1-5 stars). Entries that are awarded the highest rating (5 stars) will be collated into a separate pot, from which a single winner will be selected based on its creative merits as judged based on the brief detailed on www.liveswedish.com
- License: By adding a hashtag to your image and submitting this via Instagram/Twitter you hereby grant the Promoter and its agency Glue Isobar, a trading division of Aegis Media Limited, 10 Triton Street, Regent's Place, London, NW1 3BF (the "Agency") a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license to use your image in all media for advertising and marketing purposes.
- The winner will be the individual who submits the most original, creative and representative of the city's character entry, as determined by the Promoter's judges. The Promoter's judges decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No purchase is necessary to enter. A valid registration to either an Instagram or Twitter account is required to enter.
- No bulk, third party or organised group Entries will be accepted. No entrant may win more than one prize during the "Promotion Period". If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of 'script', brute force or any other automated means, that person's entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- No responsibility is accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed or as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending / upload will not be accepted as proof of receipt / posting.
- Winners will be notified by way of a comment on their Entry (if winning image is from a Instagram platform) or by @user retweet of the user's Entry (if winning image is from a Twitter image service) from the Promoter. If you receive a comment/tweet from the Promoter containing an instruction for you to get in contact, you will be required to reply to confirm your name, email address, contact number and postal address. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or lower value. Winners not contactable or who fail to return contact within 14 days after reasonable efforts have been made to contact them will be disqualified and a reserve entrant selected.
- Prizes will be provided to the winner once an agreement has been made (between winner and Promoter) regarding their (winners) holiday period availability, and all relevant details supplied to the Promoter. All prizes must be redeemed within 6 months of winner notification.
- All Entries are subject to moderation. The Promoter has the absolute discretion to remove any Entries already uploaded without giving reasons or recourse for its decision.
- Entries will be rejected if they:
a. contain defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content;
b. refer to brands other than those of the Promoter;
c. include trademarks, logos or copyrighted material not owned by you or used without the right holder's written permission (including famous names, company names etc);
d. include the names, likenesses, photographs, videos or similar of any individual without their express permission;
e. represent a danger to health and safety; or
f. include any link to inappropriate behaviour
- Entrants shall indemnify and keep indemnified the Promoter and Agency against all claims, expenses, damages, losses and costs (including reasonable legal costs) arising from breach of these terms and conditions.
- Entrants should ensure that they have the express permission of anyone identifiable who appears in their Entry (or their parents or guardians if under 16 years of age).
- If an Entry has been created by more than one person, only one person can be selected to be the Entrant. The Promoter will assume that this person is authorised and empowered to accept these terms and conditions and grant all warranties and rights hereunder on behalf of all other persons who may have been involved in the creation of the specific Entry.
- Entrants acknowledge that other entrants may have submitted ideas and concepts that may be similar to his/hers entry, and that he/she will not be entitled to any compensation or right to negotiate with the Promoter over such matters.
- Entries will become the property of the Promoter (including all intellectual property rights in the entry) and will not be returned. Entries could be used for future marketing purposes.
- The names of the winner, together with their winning entries and image collected from their winning holding will be available for viewing at www.liveswedish.com/2012-stockholm. This will be available on site once the winner has collected their prize award and completes their week lifestyle break.
- Instagram or Twitter do not sponsor, endorse or administer, and nor are they associated with this Promotion. Any information you disclose during this promotion is disclosed to the Promoter and not to Instagram or Twitter.
- This website (www.liveswedish.com) uses the Instagram API and is not endorsed or certified by Instagram of Burbn, inc. All Instagram logos and trademarks displayed on this website are property of Burbn, inc.
- The Promoter will comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 (as amended and supplemented from time to time) and shall only use the personal details supplied for the administration of this Promotion and for no other purpose unless we have your consent or where required by law.
- Winners will be required to participate in publicity arising from the promotion. This would take the form of taking photos during their 'lifestyle break' for use as part of the campaign and other PR/Marketing opportunities. Winning entries will be used by the Promoter to display on the website (www.liveswedish.com).
- The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury suffered by any entrant entering the promotion or as a result of accepting any prize. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter's liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons (including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion), the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
- If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
- Other than by the Agency, no term of these terms and conditions shall be enforceable pursuant to the Contracts (RIghts of Third Parties) Act 1999 by any person who is not a party to it.
- Winners may be asked for proof of identity.
- This Promotion shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Promoter's decision is final in all matters. No correspondence will be entered into.